Sunday, June 22, 2008

To blog or not to blog?






I wish that I had started this years ago! It certainly would have made it much easier to document the things that are going on with the kids and our lives. But there is no time like the present, as they say!

Evan just had his stepping up ceremony from Kindergarten last Friday. Where did the year go? Where have the last six years gone? They just flew. Scott and I were so choked up at the ceremony. I felt so silly sitting there dabbing my eyes as the kids were singing adorable songs - but how can you not? My first baby is no longer a baby, and you just can't help it. As much as I want to make time stop, it's so exciting to see them grow into these little people. We adopted Abby almost three years ago - how can this be? What a blubbering idiot I'm going to be bringing her to nursery school in September. I really don't want to let her go. But go she must.

The school year was great. Evan had such a great year in Kindergarten. Abby took a Mommy and Me class (that's her playing with shaving cream above). It was with the same teacher that she'll have for nursery school. She LOVES princesses and dress up - I have to laugh at how great she clicks around in those dress-up high heels. Baseball just ended - Scott has coached for the last two years and already it's summer...
And now it's the week after school started and they're fighting and acting pretty gross in general. LOL I'm looking forward to getting into our summer routine of the beach, swimming lessons and going in the pool. But no matter how hard the days are sometimes, they are the loves of our lives.

5 comments:

Glas Ysgrifen said...

Sounds fantastic! Those are wonderful photos!

Casa Bicicleta said...

Kristen! How wonderful that you started this blog! I'll finally get to see your adorable kids and hear what's going on in your lives. Thanks for sending me the address.
Leigh & Sonia

Unknown said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere -It will be nice to see pics of the kids in between IRL... LOL

Missy - Mom to the Empress & Emperor

Mother911 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mother911 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.