Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Calgon, Take Me Away

Did you ever just have a day where you felt like you were the worst mom in the world? That's the day I had today.

Overtired, overstressed trying to get everything done, the kids were fighting, not listening, laundry up the ying-yang, Abby would NOT go into her dance class for some strange reason after I showered and rushed everybody to get there, it was HOT, Abby sometimes whines like crazy, amongst a billion other reasons that I let get to me. I yelled, I took no time for my kids today and I was gross. They had no structure, I gave them hardly any attention. I hate days like this. I was a sucky mommy today. They were kinda sucky today too. Evan was watching TV tonight, and I bent over and apologized to him that I was so grumpy and yell-ey today. His response was "Mom, I can't see my show." Yeah, great.

Thank God they love me, and they'll forgive me and tomorrow is another day.

1581884212_57276dd550_o

4 comments:

Casa Bicicleta said...

Sounds like my house. Don't worry kiddo, days like that just prepare them for life cuz life is kinda sucky too sometimes. BTW, you're a fab Mom so don't beat yourself up too much.
Leigh

Faith Imagined said...

I found your site through Doodlebug Designs. Great blog but a really good post. I got all teary-eyed reading this because... I'm Not The Only One!!!!

Scary Mommy said...

I yelled at my kids today too. The were acting wild and crazy and my middle ending up hurt. By the time I apologized, they'd forgotten it even happened. They can really drive you crazy though, huh?!!!

Thanks for grabbing the button! ;)

Kristen said...

Thanks for your support! the next few days were sucky too! LOL