Monday, September 15, 2008

First Days of School - Sorry so late posting!



Here's Evan in his spiffy "summer uniform". At least they don't have to wear the tie at the beginning and end of the year now - those poor boys just get off the buses so sweaty and gross. Dorky, yes, but much cooler for them so who cares. ;)

I really wanted to put Abby in a cute dress, but I didn't know if they would go outside to play, so I didn't do it...she looked so cute in her size 18 month denim skort though, didn't she? She's so cute and such a little peanut (who corrects you every single time if you say she's small or tiny or whatever - she's a BIG GIRL)( Excuse Me) It's the Napolean complex.

Well, Evan's 1st day went well and he loved his new teacher, Mrs. Baumstein. He originally wanted Sr. Marge, but I think he's really happy with his teacher now. Both 1st grade teachers in the school are fabulous and you can't go wrong. The bus situation was crazy - there is a new driver and he doesn't know the route at all - so he was an hour late for his 1st day of school and it was only half a day. That had continued the whole next week until parents just started flipping out - the guy had no idea where he was going and Evan was on the bus for an hour one day. Now they have a driver that knows what she's doing and things are back to normal.

Abby started school the following week - she's going to nursery three afternoons a week. She couldn't wait to get ready! I was glad that she was so happy about it. She did great - she was a little nervous walking in, so I walked her into the classroom. She gave me a great big kiss and off she went. It was hectic with all the parents, and I was concerned for a friend of mine whose son was hysterical. It didn't hit me until I dropped her off the other day and she practically leaped up the stairs - that my baby is getting big and I'm not ready to let her go. I'm not ready for her to be my last one. I'm not ready to never drop another one off at nursery school for the first time. Ugh, here come the tears - I've gotta go! LOL

1 comment:

Michele said...

So handsome!!

So adorable!

Michele