Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Last Days of Summer






Here are some pictures from the last few days the kids spent at the beach. This was a weird summer - it was very busy and wasn't as relaxing as it usually is. We usually go out on my parents boat and Scott and I didn't get out on it once. Having the floors done was like loosing the month of August, and my parents have been busy, especially with my mom getting ready to go to China with Jen to get Katie. Next year, I vow that it's not going to be so crazy. We wanted to take Scott's truck on the beach and have dinner since he has the permit to bring the truck on the beach, and we didn't get to do that either! Oh brother!

Our kids love the beach. Evan will dig and dig for hours at a time and so will Abby. On this particular day, the man who runs the swimming program took out the big net for the kids to catch killies and whatever else they could get. Evan loves to go crabbing with Scott, but they didn't go as much as they would have liked. That's why I'm looking forward to our upcoming trip to Disney. I just want to hang out with the kids, and not have the pressures of home, of regular life. Just to not have to cook and clean will be awesome. We're always running and busy, and our kids deserve to have us all to themselves - and you can't not have fun at DisneyWorld!

So, summer 2008, farewell...On to Florida, watching my sister and BIL become parents again, to first grade and to nursery school. I'm sad to see the summer go, but I love the routine of school too. Evan does better when he has a routine and it'll be good for all of us when school starts.

No comments: